The City will be applying for provincial funding to help residents who suffered uninsurable damages from the flooding on June 9. The recommendation was officially approved to have Administration apply for the funding during council this past week.
“This program fits into an area, I understand from my experience, for the non insured issues. So people have home insurance, but this is there to assist for non insurance,” says Mayor Gerald Aalbers.
He goes on to say, “there’s a process and as anyone knows that when you deal with a claim, there’s a process and it could take some time and they may not see any money or they may see money. We have no guarantee.”
Mayor Aalbers says the city has received about two dozen reports so far. If you wish to fill out a report it can be done on the City’s website.