Listen Live

HomeNewsUnemployment rates increase for Lloydminster and area

Unemployment rates increase for Lloydminster and area

Lloydminster and region has seen a 0.1 increase in unemployment from March to April, according to the latest Statistics Canada report. For April, the unemployment rate for the region that houses Lloydminster was 4 per cent compared to last year’s 9.6 per cent.

In Alberta, the unemployment rate was the fourth highest in the country with 6.7 per cent, as the national average was 5.8 per cent. Employment decreased by 1,800 people from March in the province contributing to the overall decrease. In Saskatchewan, 4,900 people fewer people were employed in April, increasing the unemployment rate by 0.5 per cent to an overall 6.3 per cent.

Nationally, unemployment saw little change, however Manitoba and Nova Scotia were the two provinces with the highest increase in employment.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading