UPDATE: Funnel cloud advisory cancelled for Lloydminster and area
Photo via 106-1 The Goat Facebook page; submitted by Tina Kulczycki, captured at Islay Corner.
UPDATE: The funnel cloud advisory has been lifted for Lloydminster and the surrounding area.
Weather advisory in effect for:
- Beaver Co. near Viking and Kinsella
- City of Lloydminster
- Co. of Minburn near Innisfree, Lavoy and Ranfurly
- Co. of Minburn near Minburn and Mannville
- Co. of Two Hills near Myrnam and Derwent
- Co. of Two Hills near Two Hills and Brosseau
- Co. of Vermilion River near Dewberry and Clandonald
- Co. of Vermilion River near Islay and McNabb Sanctuary
- Co. of Vermilion River near Kitscoty and Marwayne
- Co. of Vermilion River near Paradise Valley
- Co. of Vermilion River near Tulliby Lake
- Co. of Vermilion River near Vermilion
- Flagstaff Co. near Alliance and Bellshill Lake
- Flagstaff Co. near Killam and Sedgewick
- Flagstaff Co. near Lougheed and Hardisty
- M.D. of Provost near Czar, Metiskow and Cadogan
- M.D. of Provost near Hughenden, Amisk and Kessler
- M.D. of Provost near Provost and Hayter
- M.D. of Wainwright near Chauvin, Dillberry Lake and Roros
- M.D. of Wainwright near Edgerton and Koroluk Landslide
- M.D. of Wainwright near Irma
- M.D. of Wainwright near Wainwright
Conditions will be favourable for the development of funnel clouds today. Funnel clouds are possible this afternoon and early this evening.
These types of funnel clouds are generated by weak rotation under rapidly growing clouds or weak thunderstorms. This weak rotation is normally not a danger near the ground. However, there is a chance that this rotation could intensify and become a weak landspout tornado.