ā–ŗ Listen Live

HomeNewsHigh School students honoured at scholarship and award celebration

High School students honoured at scholarship and award celebration

The Lloydminster Public School Division had a chance to celebrate their students at The Lloydminster Comprehensive High School’s Scholarship and Award Celebration on Friday, October 9.

The night has beenĀ held annually for 8 years, toĀ give scholarships to graduated students, and celebrate students in lower grades who have achieved honours.

Todd Robinson, director of education with the LPSD says he’s proud of the achievements of the students.

“It was an amazing feeling tonight, and a special night for me,” Robinson said. “I’m a dad here tonight, as well as a director of education, and I know a lot of these students personally. We’ve just had some amazing young people that have graduated from our schools that will become members of our community, so for me I couldn’t be more proud of the achievements of our students this evening.”

Dwayne Marciniw, principal at the Comp, says he enjoyed the ceremony.

“It’s super exciting,” Marciniw said. “Our students work hard over [the] course of three years, and [we recognized] some grade 10’s, and 11’s, and some returning grade 12’s as well. You know, it’s super when you can bring everybody together as part of a bigger community – a baron community is what we would call it – and celebrate the achievements and hard work of our students.

Over 400 students were recognized at the ceremony.