Listen Live

HomeNewsFour graduates receive $1,000 scholarships from R.M. of Wilton

Four graduates receive $1,000 scholarships from R.M. of Wilton

Four graduates from the R.M. of Wilton will be getting some financial assistance from their municipality.

The R.M. is providing $1,000 scholarships to four recipients as they head into post-secondary. Lloydminster Comprehensive High School graduate JR Nordell was one of the recipients and will be attending the University of Saskatchewan in their engineering program.

Corey Freimark from Holy Rosary High School has been accepted into the nursing program at the University of Saskatchewan. Lashburn High School graduate Grace Beaton is enrolled in Lakeland College. She will be taking university transfer classes with a focus on psychology.

Jacob Bexfield from Lashburn High School is also enrolling in Lakeland College and will be going for a crop technology diploma.

The four were chosen out of nine applicants and the committee was glad to see a wide-range of industries being represented. Applicants were required to send in an essay to the council which included the program they’re going into, their career goals and how they will contribute back to Saskatchewan.

Reeve Glenn Dow on behalf of Council and the Committee sends blessings to each recipients.

“We give the students our very best in moving forward and living out your dreams.”

The R.M. is looking into changing the application process by implementing video submissions next year. More details on the changes will be announced in the spring.