The Onion Lake RCMP says two people are facing several charges after a traffic stop in the area.
On June 5th, around 6:45 PM, officers stopped a vehicle with an expired plate on East West Road in Onion Lake.
During a search, officers allegedly found a small amount of suspected methamphetamine and cocaine, drug packaging material, a scale, multiple imitation firearms, an illegally possessed and altered firearm and other weapons.
As a result, the two men in the vehicle are facing charges.
As a result of this investigation, two males in the vehicle were arrested. Aaron Chief, 38, of Onion Lake, SK, is facing several allegations, including:
- One count of possessing a gun in a vehicle
- Two counts of possessing a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- One count of resisting or obstructing a police officer
- Three counts of failing to comply with Release Order Condition
- One count of possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (Methamphetamine),
- Two counts of unauthorized Possession of a Firearm or Prohibited Weapon
- One count of possession of Firearm with Tampered Serial Number
- One count of carrying a concealed weapon
- One count of possession of Property Obtained by crime, less than $5,000.
26-year-old Zach Thomas of Onion Lake, the other man allegedly in the car, was arrested on warrants out of the Lloydminster RCMP detachment and was later transported there.
Chief last appeared in Lloydminster Provincial Court on June 7th.