The Onion Lake RCMP says a man has been arrested after a gun was allegedly found at a security checkpoint during an event.
On July 17th, around 3:30 PM, security personnel, in the course of their checkpoint duties, found a bag with a semi-automatic firearm and ammunition in it. The security guards then called the RCMP, who took over the investigation.
They found that the bag belonged to a man who was located at a home in Onion Lake. The suspect, 43-year-old Robin Wuttunee, was wanted on several warrants in Alberta and was already allegedly prohibited to have a gun.
Wuttunee, of North Battleford, has been charged with alleged:
- Advertisement -
- Failing to comply with release order, three counts
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Two counts of possession of a firearm or ammunition in a motor vehicle
- Unsafe storage of a firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a restricted or prohibited weapon with ammunition
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Authorized possession of a prohibited device
- Five counts of possession of a firearm contrary to prohibition order
Wuttunee last appeared in court on July 19th, 2021.