â–º Listen Live

HomeNewsLakeland College and New Holland renew commitment to 2031

Lakeland College and New Holland renew commitment to 2031

Lakeland College and New Holland Agriculture have inked a new 10-year deal, that will see the Ag equipment supplier continuing it’s partnership at the College and maintaining the Student-Managed Farm – Powered by New Holland branding.

The multi-million dollar partnership dates back to 2011. New Holland provides tractors, swathers, skid steers, and combines, among other equipment.

Agriculture student enrollment has nearly doubled in the last 10 years with 533 students taking agricultural sciences programs last academic year.

The partnership allows the students access to modern ag facilities and equipment, purebred and commercial beef cattle, dairy cattle and bison, plus more than 3,000 acres of crop and pasture land bringing what the College calls real world ag scenarios for the students to tackle before they graduate.

New Holland is contributing $450,000 to further agriculture technology programs. Of this amount, $150,000 will be used immediately towards Lakeland’s Agriculture Technology Centre, which will officially open this fall.

These funds will help develop the new bachelor of agriculture technology curriculum, support research projects, and provide technology and materials for the labs. The remaining $30,000 annual contribution will support ag technology initiatives at the College.

A lab in the Agriculture Technology Centre will be named the Agriculture Technology Lab – Powered by New Holland.

New Holland also provides student awards through an endowment fund that was set up early in the partnership.