Listen Live

HomeNewsEdmonton business makes major donation to the college

Edmonton business makes major donation to the college

A long-time partner of Lakeland College on numerous capital projects has donated $250,000 to the school.

Fillmore Construction out of Edmonton has made the large donation announced by Vice Presidnet, Chris Fillmore, Thursday, April 7th.

The company recently worked on the Energy Centre at Lakeland’s Lloydminster Campus, as the official contractor for the project. The Centre opened in August of 2015.

“We’re very proud of the work we and our building partners did with Lakeland College to construct the Energy Centre. It was a very complex project but the result is amazing. Together we created a leading training facility that will help students develop their skills and be industry-ready when they graduate,” says Fillmore.

In recognition of the donation, Lakeland College is naming the student lounge in the Energy Centre the Fillmore Construction Student Lounge.

The gift is a continuation of support for the college from the construction company. Fillmore pledged $30,000 to Lakeland’s Emergency Training Centre Centennial Endowment Fund in 2010, to go towards awards for firefighter and emergency services technology students.

Fillmore Construction is also a major sponsor of the annual Lakeland College Golf Tournament, which supports Lakeland College Rustlers Athletics.

“My thanks to Fillmore Construction for not only their generous gift but also the outstanding work they did on the Energy Centre. I know they worked tirelessly to create a facility where our students can take the lead and benefit from hands-on learning experiences,” comments Alice Wainwright-Stewart, the President of Lakeland College.

The donation will go towards future capital projects at Lakeland College.