The Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) Lloydminster grant allocation of $385,000 has been approved by the city to support 13 local organizations.
The beneficiaries are:
- Residents in Recovery Society – Family Recovery Program: $49,000
- Lloydminster Native Friendship Centre – Engaging our People – Prevention/Intervention Program: $45,000
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Association of Lloydminster – Mentoring Makes a Difference: $45,000
- Lloydminster Interval Home Society – Community Youth Centre Program: $40,000
- Midwest Family Connections – First Steps: $40,000
- The Olive Tree Community Centre – Outreach Support Workers: $35,000
- Lloydminster Interval Home – Family Violence Prevention Program: $30,000
- Catholic Social Services – Seniors Connections: $30,000
- Lloydminster Sexual Assault Services – Sexual Assault and Abuse Education: $30,000
- Walking Through Grief Society – Walking Through Grief Support: $15,410
- Inclusion Lloydminster – Engaging Families, Creating Good Lives (Inclusive Community Initiative): $15,000
- Midwest Family Connections – Maternal Mental Health Initiative: $5,590
- Lloydminster and Area Brain Injury Society – Establishing Connections: $5,000
The application process was open from Aug. 22 – Oct. 3 and submissions were evaluated by the eight community members on the Community Services Advisory Committee.