Private property backyard fires are being allowed once again as the City of Lloydminster is easing its full fire ban.
The total fire ban was in place over the last three weeks, but is being relaxed.
Permitted fires include:
- Propane/natural gas barbecues & appliances
- Wood and pellet-burning smokers
- Charcoal barbecues
The fire restriction still covers all city parks and green spaces including Bud Miller, Weaver Heritage Park and Campground. The restriction also includes Lloydminster’s annexed and agricultural areas.
The restriction specifically prohibits:
- Fires/campfires at Bud Miller Park, Weaver Heritage Park and Campground
- Fires at any city park or green space
- No open pit fires in annexed/agricultural areas
Officials remind residents to ensure that emergency precautions are planned prior to lighting any fire.
- Advertisement -
Residents travelling outside the city may check the fire ban status in Alberta at AlbertaFireBans.ca and Saskatchewan at SaskPublicSafety.ca.