Listen Live

HomeNewsLCSD to livestream Christmas Concerts again

LCSD to livestream Christmas Concerts again

When Lloydminster Catholic School Division kids take to the stage for Christmas concerts, the audience will not only be in Lloydminster, but include places like Italy and the Philippines, say school officials.

The efforts of the high school students who made the live stream possible and the responses that came in via email are making the global video option a reality once again.

Holy Rosary grade 11 Mya Tupper will lead a team of five or six students with a two-camera operation to stream the events from the Vic Juba Community Theatre of nine shows, and deliver the Christmas performances of all the schools to relatives who cannot make it.

“There was a couple who approached me and said that their parents in Italy got to see their grandkids and they were so happy about it. And they were thanking us. It was so sweet. It was really heartwarming and I’m really happy that we got to do that for them,” says the team leader.

Tupper wants to do film production and become a director. She is exploring going to Vancouver eventually for film school.

Mentoring the students is Videre Image’s Jason Whiting, says Tupper.

“He trained me and a couple of the other students last year. He helped walk us through and he is still here playing a very big supportive role to make sure everything runs smoothly and helping when he needs to.”

She notes that last year they used three cameras, and they hope to get a third one for the shows this year, but they will proceed with two.

The full schedule of concerts this year is:

Dec. 4 – St. Mary’s 6 p.m.
Dec. 5 – St. Mary’s 6 p.m.
Dec. 11 – École St. Thomas 6:30 p.m.
Dec. 12 – École St. Thomas 6:30 p.m.
Dec. 18 – Father Gorman 7 p.m.
Dec. 19 – Father Gorman 7 p.m.
Dec. 21 – St. Joseph 7 p.m.

There have already been two band concerts. Many of the students and officials in the school division will also watch the concerts at home over Christmas with their families.