Joseph Ronald Palmer is now facing a total of 135 charges after 89 additional charges were added. Palmer was first arrested in August of 2016, where he was initially charged with 16 offences. He appeared in court in October and an additional 30 charges were laid at that point.
Out of those charges, 75 are linked to Saskatchewan in 24 different RCMP jurisdictions. Alberta, B.C., and Manitoba RCMP assisted in the investigation.
Palmer’s charges include:
- 9 counts of Theft of a Motor Vehicle
- 12 counts of theft
- 71 counts of break and enter
- 1 count of possession of break enter instrument
- 19 counts of possession of property obtained by crime
- 4 counts of trafficking property obtained by crime
- 1 count of fraud
- 9 counts of mischief under $5000
- 4 counts of arson to property
- 1 count of laundering proceeds of crime
- 1 count of fail to comply with recognizance
- 1 count of unsafe storage of a firearm
- 1 count of Possession of a Weapon Obtained by Crime
- 1 count of unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
Palmer remains in custody. He is scheduled to appear in Yorkton Provincial Court on June 16.