â–º Listen Live

HomeNewsLakeland College Ranks Number 2 For Happiest College

Lakeland College Ranks Number 2 For Happiest College

Lakeland in the second happiest college in Canada according to a survey done by Huffington Post.

The survey asked 40,000 students to rate their current happiness level as they studied at their school. The average happiness level was reported to be 73 out of 100. Lakeland scored 85.7.

“We have lots to smile about. We’re really thrilled about this recognition and really pleased that our students are not only getting a quality education but they’re actually happy about what they’re doing here at Lakeland College while they’re pursuing some of their career aspirations,” says Alice Wainwright-Stewart, president and CEO of Lakeland College.

The College also received a number of other awards including number one for most approachable professors, best academic counselling and best academic research; number two for most skilled focused curriculum, best overall value, most recommended by students and best health services; and number three in the best for getting a job category, best library and best study abroad program.

Stewart attributes the success to a number of factors.

“Our students really have an opportunity to get to know their instructors and are really comfortable in our learning environment. We also take pride in our students taking the lead in their studies and they do this through student managed opportunities which are career relevant and our students also are developing specific skills to fill in the industry.”

Stewart adds there is always room for improvement.

“Something that we have been discussing with the student is really providing that experience here at college, that will not only simulate the industry aspects but also giving them the experience that they feel is important for their overall life experiences.”

Sixty-three colleges were surveyed by the Huffington Post poll.