A blue-green algae bloom has been found in parts of Wapasu Lake.
Alberta Health Services has issued an advisory for residents living near the lake and visitors to the lake. AHS recommends taking precautions such as avoiding all contact with the blooms, avoid feeding whole fish from the lake to pets, as well as limiting human consumption of fish or fish trimmings.
People are also being reminded to never drink or cook with water in the lake. Boiling water will not remove the toxins from the algae and therefore people should bring their own source of drinking water while the advisory is in effect.
The advisory will be in effect until further notice.
- Advertisement -