Listen Live

HomeNewsLakeland College enrolment numbers increase

Lakeland College enrolment numbers increase

Lakeland College has seen an increase in the number of students attending their programs this fall. At the end of September, there were 2,497 full-time and part-time students, an increase of 4.4 per cent from last year’s fall enrolment of 2,392.

Of the students enrolled 1,915 are full-time and 582 are part-time. At the Vermilion campus, there are 1,042 students, 893 at the Lloydminster campus and 562 in online and off-campus programs. This year’s class also includes students from every province and territory except Nunavut, as well as 17 other countries.

“This is the fifth consecutive year our fall enrolment has increased. A number of factors contributed to the growth including our efforts to align our programming and delivery methods with student and industry needs, and our focus on creating a supportive and inclusive learning environment for all students,” said Lakeland’s vice president of academic and research Mike Crowe in a release.

He also adds that there are more international students attending the college this year than last year.

55 more students are in the agriculture science program for a total of 533. Lakeland says that some of the growth can be attributed to the new Animal Health Clinic, which allowed an increase in intake in the animal health technology program.

Enrolment in university transfer, business, environmental sciences, energy and trades and technology are similar to last year. Lakeland projects that by the end of the year they will serve more than 7,000 credit and non-credit students.