Lloydminster’s outdoor ice surfaces are now open for skating, except for Bud Miller All Seasons Park. In total, the city has eight outdoor ice surfaces available, which include:
- Queen Elizabeth School, 5512-51 Avenue
- Kin-Kinette Park, 4713-57 Avenue
- Servus Sports Centre Outdoor Oval, 5202-12 Street
- Bishop Lloyd Middle School, 5524-31 Street
- Winston Churchill Elementary School, 4402-27 Street
- Jack Kemp Community School, 3701-47 Avenue
- E.S. Laird Middle School, 4808-45 Avenue
- Robertson Park, 5105 34 Street
The City says that workers are improving the ice conditions at Bud Miller All Seasons Park. Visitors must obey signs and keep a safe distance from the barricaded areas.
Lights at Kin Kinette Park, Jack Kemp Community School, Robertson Park and E.S. Laird Middle School will be on until 10 p.m. every night. However, The Den, Outdoor Arena and Husky Oval will be closed weekly to the public during Border Blades Speed Skating. These are scheduled Monday’s from 6:15 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. and Wednesday’s from 5:45 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Other times may vary and will be posted, but the ice surfaces will stay open for the rest of the season. They’re free to use, and helmets are recommended for all ages.