â–º Listen Live

HomeNewsYouth Council hosts obstacle, puzzle based run for local students

Youth Council hosts obstacle, puzzle based run for local students

Local students will be able to test their wit and agility during this year’s Border Dash. The Lloydminster Youth Council hosted event will feature obstacles and puzzles that runners will face together similar to The Amazing Race.

Co-coordinator Constable Grant Kirzinger says the race enables students to have a great bonding experience with the kids in the community.

“It’s a fantastic opportunity for people to come out and see what the Lloydminster Youth Council is about, what we’re trying to provide for events for the youth in our community.”

The entry fee for the event is $2 per student which will help the Youth Council with future events such as their spring formal dance and pool party. Border Dash will have two age groups for students grades 7 to 9 and grades 10 to 12. Prizes will be given away for categories such as best costume and top performers in the race will be awarded as well.

“Youth is the key to our future inside of Lloydminster. At the Lloydminster drug strategy, as well as the Youth Council, we see that and we want to provide opportunities for youth to get out, have fun, enjoy themselves and see the great things that our community has to offer.”

Kirzinger says around 16 teams participated last year and are expected more to join this year. Local students who want to take part in Border Dash can head to the Youth Councils sign up page.