Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for:
- City of Lloydminster Alb.
- Co. of Vermilion River near Dewberry and Clandonald
- Co. of Vermilion River near Islay and McNabb Sanctuary
- Co. of Vermilion River near Kitscoty and Marwayne
- Co. of Vermilion River near Paradise Valley
- Co. of Vermilion River near Tulliby Lake
At 5:11 p.m. MDT, Environment Canada meteorologists are tracking a severe thunderstorm capable of producing very strong wind gusts, up to toonie size hail and heavy rain. This thunderstorm is located 15 km northwest of Lloydminster and is moving towards the southeast at 45 km/h. Storm spotters have reported loonie size hail with this thunderstorm.
Take cover immediately, if threatening weather approaches. Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads. Large hail can damage property and cause injury. Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Environment and Climate Change Canada says when thunder roars, go indoors!
Severe thunderstorm warnings are issued when imminent or occurring thunderstorms are likely to produce or are producing one or more of the following: large hail, damaging winds, torrential rainfall.