Listen Live

HomeNewsLac La Biche school receives donation from Enbridge

Lac La Biche school receives donation from Enbridge

The Northern Lights School Division is celebrating after a large donation towards its Youth Achievement program in Lac La Biche.

Enbridge has donated $15,000 to the program, run out of Aurora Middle School, which provides students with hands-on learning for a variety of careers, including trades. The career exploration activities are tied to the curriculum, so students learn math, science and social studies at the same time and are able to see the link between what they are learning in school and their potential career path.

“We are fortunate to have partners like Enbridge who recognize the value in providing enhanced learning opportunities to our students,” said Board Chair Arlene Hrynyk. “The activities students participate in as part of YAP are important not only exploring potential career paths, but in helping them recognize the importance of staying in school to achieve their goals.”

This is the fourth year that Enbridge has donated to the program, bringing their total commitment to $60,000.

“Programs like YAP are truly at the heart of the community,” said Shauna Durelle, Community Engagement Advisor from Enbridge. “Offering students opportunities like this keeps the excitement around education alive and well. Enbridge is committed to supporting communities where we live and operate to be vibrant, sustainable place to live.”