HomeNewsLloydminster youth support Conservative candidates in mock vote

Lloydminster youth support Conservative candidates in mock vote

Students in the Lloydminster area have voted for both Conservatives candidates to stay as MPs in this year’s Student Vote Canada. Youth in Lakeland and Battlefords-Lloydminster voted overwhelmingly blue with both candidates receiving more than half the vote.

In the Lakeland riding, incumbent Shannon Stubbs received 61 per cent of the vote which was followed by NDP candidate Jeffrey Swanson with 12.7 per cent, Green Party Kira Brunner with 8.3 per cent, Alain Houle of the PPC with 6.4 per cent, Liberal Mark Watson with 6.2 per cent, Libertarian Robert McFadzean with 3.3 per cent and Roberta Marie Graham of the Veterans Coalition with 1.8 per cent.

In the Battlefords-Lloydminster riding, incumbent Rosemarie Falk received 61 per cent, while NDP Marcella Pedersen received 14.2 per cent, Green Party David Kim-Cragg with 10.7 per cent, Liberal Larry Ingram with 7.5 per cent and Jason McInnis of the People’s Party with 6.2 per cent.

Schools across the country took part in the mock vote with more than one million elementary and secondary students participating. Nation-wide, the students elected a Liberal minority and the NDP as the official opposition.

In Alberta, over 200,000 students elected 1 Liberal, 3 NDP and 30 Conservatives candidates.