UPDATE: The mandatory water restriction has been lifted for residential users by the village on February 26. The restriction on the truck fill station remains in effect.
In-Line Contracting is installing a temporary above-ground water line to service the residents of Marwayne.
The line is being installed due to a leak found in the transmission line within the village. The village says this is not a long-term solution and Alberta Central East Water Corporation will be reviewing options for the reinstallation of the underground water line.
The village says 3rd Street North will not be closed and access to the street will stay open. Bridges will also be built to allow access to the back alleys and through traffic.
The mandatory water restriction is still in effect and residents are asked to follow these conditions:
- A complete ban on non-essential water usage
- 25 per cent reduction on water usage by all residents
- 50 per cent reduction on water usage by all commercial and industrial consumers
- Truck fill stations are closed to all commercial and industrial consumers
- Truck fill stations are open to residents between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday