The Lloydminster RCMP have arrested a man after a car chase early Sunday morning.
Around 2:10 AM on July 12th, Lloydminster RCMP Police Dog Services began pursuing an alleged stolen vehicle in the 44 Street-45 Avenue area. The suspect fled eastbound out of the City. Officers decided not to follow the vehicle, which turned around back into the City.
Police laid out a spike strip, which the driver ran over but did not stop, and did not even after a second strip was deployed west of Lloydminster. The chase eventually ended in Tulliby Lake, after the driver abandoned the vehicle. Kitscoty, Vermilion and Lloydminster RCMP officers, along with members from the St.Paul Police Dog Services, were able to arrest the suspect there.
As a result, a 29-year-old man from Onion Lake, Jade Whitstone is facing several alleged charges:
- Two counts of operation of a motor vehicle while prohibited
- Flight from a peace officer
- Resisting arrest
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000
- Three counts of possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- possession of break-in instruments
- Six counts of failing to comply with a release order condition
- Failing to comply with a probation order
Whitstone remains in police custody ahead of an appearance in Alberta Provincial Court on July 14th, 2020.