Listen Live

HomeNewsAdriane Wever earns Pat Redden Memorial Scholarship

Adriane Wever earns Pat Redden Memorial Scholarship

The Lloydminster Region Health Foundation has named Adriane Wever this year’s recipient of the $5,000 Pat Redden Memorial Scholarship. Wever graduated Holy Rosary High School in 2018 and is now in her third year of university working towards becoming a registered nurse.

The scholarship is named after Pat Redden who worked at the Lloydminster Hospital for many years and was involved in the community in both Lloydminster and Hillmond. Later she taught nursing students at MacEwan University before passing away from cancer. Her family created the endowment fund in 2007 in her honour. The scholarship has supported 13 nursing students from the Lloydminster area during their studies.

“The Pat Redden Memorial Scholarship is our largest annual scholarship supporting nursing students in our community,” LRHF CEO Malcolm Radke says. “We are proud the Redden family chose us to assist them in distributing the scholarship to local nursing students. We enjoy seeing the big smiles on each recipient’s face year after year, but what we really love is seeing those students return to our community as nurses.”

The LRHF offers many health-related scholarships which helps fund students post-secondary education.