The Lloydminster RCMP say they’ve arrested a wanted man on several charges after a Thursday traffic stop.
On January 28th, police stopped a vehicle on 50 Street and 48 Avenue. Officers found the man in the vehicle was wanted on several warrants and allegedly in breach of several conditions of release. During a search, they also allegedly found several weapons and break-in instruments inside the vehicle.
Tyler Smith, a 25-year-old from Lloydminster, has been arrested on several charges, including:
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited weapon
- Three counts of possession of weapons for a dangerous purpose
- Possession of break-in tools
- Possession of prohibited weapon knowing that it is unauthorized
- Unauthorized possession of a weapon in a vehicle
- Four counts of failure to comply with release order
- Four counts of failure to comply with a Probation Order
- Obstructing a peace officer
Smith remains in custody, and last appeared in Lloydminster Saskatchewan Provincial Court February 1st.