Listen Live

HomeNewsSaskatchewan opening vaccine bookings to people 76 and older

Saskatchewan opening vaccine bookings to people 76 and older

The Saskatchewan Health Authority is once again expanding their booking eligibility this time it will include seniors aged 76 and older.

Eligible individuals can start booking their COVID-19 vaccination appointment at 8 a.m. on March 13 either through the online booking system or by calling 1-833-727-5826 between 8 a.m. and 11 p.m. SHA reminds residents that appointment availability will be dependent on the amount of vaccines available and the appointment is only for the first dose. Second dose appointments will be announced at a later date.

Since launching the booking system, more than 10,600 people in Saskatchewan were able to make an appointment. About 80 per cent of bookings were made online and the other 20 per cent through the phone.

The province administered 2,692 doses, bringing up the total number to 98,571. Of those doses, 365 were administered in the North West region of Saskatchewan. The province states as of March 12, 56 per cent of long-term care homes and 45 per cent of personal care homes are fully vaccinated.

SHA will also be opening drive-thru immunization clinics in Regina at the Regina Exhibition Association grounds on March 15. The clinics will be open to born between March 16,1956 and March 15, 1957 and all phase 1 health care workers. It will be on a first-come, first-served basis and will use the AstraZeneca vaccine. The province says the site will open up to other age groups from oldest to youngest in the days afterwards.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading