Listen Live

HomeNewsSaskatchewan opens COVID-19 vaccinations to ages as low as 62

Saskatchewan opens COVID-19 vaccinations to ages as low as 62

The Saskatchewan Health Authority has extended COVID-19 vaccination available to all people aged 62 and over.

Starting on March 25th at 8 AM, those people will be able to book an appointment to get their vaccine at any time online, or over the phone between 8 AM and 11 PM at 1-833-SASKVAX.

In addition, people 50 years of age and older living in the Northern Saskatchewan Administration District and all remaining phase one health care workers can get their shot too now.

People with underlying health conditions considered clinically extremely vulnerable are also eligible and will receive a letter detailing the next steps.

The over 62 residents booking appointments are encouraged to use the online system with their health card, as the SHA says this is the fastest method and leaves the phone lines open to people like the health care workers or those over 50 in the Northern Saskatchewan Administration District who are required to book it that way.

- Advertisement -

As of 10 a.m. on March 24, the SHA notes, more than 100,000 vaccine appointments have been booked through the SHA’s Patient Booking System.

Just over 70 per cent of bookings have been made online, with the remaining 30 per cent made using 1-833-SASK-VAX.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading