Environment Canada has issued a winter storm warning for tonight and tomorrow.
Hazardous winter conditions with heavy snow, strong winds and blowing snow will begin tonight, bringing up to 10CM of snow.
Around the same time strong northwesterly winds gusting between 90 and 110 km/h will move into the area. The combination of the snow and wind will result in poor visibility in blowing snow. Conditions will improve by Monday evening when the snowfall begins to taper off and the winds begin to ease.
Environment Canada says to prepare for quickly changing and deteriorating travel conditions. Visibility will be suddenly reduced to near zero at times in heavy snow and blowing snow.
The warning is in effect for the following locations:
- Beaver Co. near Viking and Kinsella
- City of Lloydminster Alb.
- Co. of Minburn near Innisfree Lavoy and Ranfurly
- Co. of Minburn near Minburn and Mannville
- Co. of Two Hills near Myrnam and Derwent
- Co. of Two Hills near Two Hills and Brosseau
- Co. of Vermilion River near Dewberry and Clandonald
- Co. of Vermilion River near Islay and McNabb Sanctuary
- Co. of Vermilion River near Kitscoty and Marwayne
- Co. of Vermilion River near Paradise Valley
- Co. of Vermilion River near Tulliby Lake
- Co. of Vermilion River near Vermilion
- Flagstaff Co. near Alliance and Bellshill Lake
- Flagstaff Co. near Killam and Sedgewick
- Flagstaff Co. near Lougheed and Hardisty
- M.D. of Provost near Czar Metiskow and Cadogan
- M.D. of Provost near Hughenden Amisk and Kessler
- M.D. of Provost near Provost and Hayter
- M.D. of Wainwright near Chauvin Dillberry Lake and Roros
- M.D. of Wainwright near Edgerton and Koroluk Landslide
- M.D. of Wainwright near Irma
- M.D. of Wainwright near Wainwright