The Saskatchewan Government has re-extended the Public Health Order until April 26th, but the province’s top doctor also predicted all residents will have access to a first COVID-19 shot by mid-May.

In a press conference on Wednesday, the province announced that with the exception of previously tightened rules in Regina, the status quo of COVID-19 gathering rules would remain in place.

This means it’s still allowed that people have up to ten people in their homes, provided they are from three consistent households. Outdoor gatherings also still remain at 10. It is still advised that people keep an eye on the risk of receiving or transmitting COVID-19 to a household before linking up with them, and if there’s a higher risk of either, people should consider visiting another home.

All other existing rules for businesses still apply, and people can find their specific business on the Government of Saskatchewan’s website. 

Inter-provincial travel is still not advised, and travel to and from Regina is also strongly discouraged unless absolutely necessary.

These health orders apply to the entirety of Lloydminster, as previously announced.

Dr.Shahab says all adults could have their first COVID-19 vaccine by mid-May

Saskatchewan’s Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. Saqib Shahab also predicted Wednesday that all adults would have access to their first COVID-19 vaccine by mid-May.

He says projections show that adults 50 and older across Saskatchewan will be getting vaccinated by mid-April, people in their 40s by the end of the month, people in the 30s by early May, and lastly, at the middle of that month, all people over 18.

In the event those goals are reached, this would put the province ahead of the previously planned schedule of giving everyone access to the vaccines by June, which was the SHA’s original prediction.