Saskatchewan Parks have announced the 2016 Campsite Reservation Launch Dates.
Avid campers will be able to book their provincial park campsites April 11th. As in 2015, the launch will staggered over a 10 day period, with different parks available for reservation on different days. On the website, a queuing system will be used once again to manage the high volume traffic on the site.
“Saskatchewan’s provincial parks continue to be extremely popular destinations, as shown by the nearly 4.0 million visits recorded in 2015,” Parks, Culture and Sport Minister Mark Docherty said. “We are looking forward to starting another busy and exciting year with campsite reservation launch in April.”
The schedule for reservation launch is as follows:
- Monday, April 11: Blackstrap, Pike Lake
- Tuesday, April 12: Buffalo Pound, Danielson, Douglas
- Wednesday, April 13: Echo Valley, Rowan’s Ravine
- Thursday, April 14: Duck Mountain, Good Spirit Lake, Greenwater Lake
- Friday, April 15: Crooked Lake, Moose Mountain
- Saturday, April 16: Cypress Hills
- Sunday, April 17: The Battlefords, Saskatchewan Landing
- Monday, April 18: Meadow Lake
- Tuesday, April 19: Bronson Forest, Chitek Lake, Lac La Ronge, Makwa Lake
- Wednesday, April 20: Candle Lake, Great Blue Heron, Narrow Hills
Due to the impact from the fires in the summer of 2015, two campgrounds at Lac La Ronge Provincial Park will not open for reservations in April. Work is still being done at Nemeiben and Wadin Bay, and will open for reservations at a later date.
Reservations will open at 7 a.m. each day and the queuing system will begin each morning at 6:40 a.m. As customers attempt to access the reservation website between 6:40 and 7 a.m., they will be moved to the queue waiting area. Beginning at 7 a.m., customers in the queue waiting area will receive a random number and will be admitted to the reservation website based on their unique number.