The City is laying out a roadmap for 2021’s construction season.
This season’s road improvement plan, being undertaken by the City’s Crews and ASL Paving, will see the replacement of concrete curb, gutter and sidewalk. There will also be patching of failed areas of road and asphalt resurfacing.
The construction, weather permitting and barring unforeseen circumstances, will move along the following schedule:
- Monday, May 17th: Work will begin on 49 Avenue between 38 Street to 41 Street.
- Tuesday, May 25th: Construction starts on the Mid-Block Lane South of 43 Street, between 57 Avenue and 59 Avenue. Also, it will start on 57A Avenue from 27 Street to 29 Street.
- Monday, June 7th: Work at 52 Avenue from 57 Street to the north lane will begin.
- Monday, June 21st: Crews start on 50 Avenue Service Road from 60 Street to 57 Street
- Monday, June 28th: The final project of the season begins at the 18 Street and 52 Avenue intersection.
This is going to require some lane restrictions as work is completed. Signs and detours will be put up, with construction notices being set to those directly impacted. Motorists and pedestrians are asked to be patient, slow down and obey signs when moving through these areas.
The construction contract, given to ASL, was approved for a total of $1,271,536.90 back in April.