The opening of the Lloydminster Outdoor Pool, weather permitting, is slated for next Wednesday, June 16.
The 25-metre, six-lane facility plus waterslides and leisure pool will be ready for a summer splash.
Red Cross swimming lessons and water aerobics will headline the various swimming programs. The opening of the tot pool will be announced later.
The Outdoor Pool will be open from 4-8:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 12-7 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday leading up to the Canada Day weekend.
Following the long weekend, the outdoor pool will operate daily, 12:30-7:30 p.m., weather permitting.
A family swim can be booked online 24 hours in advance.
The pool office will be open June 14 and 15 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and residents are encouraged to purchase seasonal memberships during this time. Outdoor Pool memberships can also be bought at the Bioclean Aquatic Centre between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m.
Bathers are asked to adhere to the public health guidelines:
- Individuals who are sick are asked to stay home.
- Patrons can only remove their face masks before entering the pool.
- Maintain a physical distance of two metres between people not from the same household or extended household, including when in the pool.
- Individuals should wash or sanitize their hands before and after using the facility. Avoid putting their unwashed hands to eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid overcrowding. Groups must not exceed the restrictions on public gatherings.
- An adult should accompany children to ensure compliance with physical distancing.
More information including user rates are available online.