The City of Lloydminster has indicated that crews have reached the substantial completion of construction work on Highway 16/ 44 Street between 59 Avenue and 75 Avenue. They aim to reopen the four-laned roadway Monday evening.
Officials say pavement markings, including those at Highway 16 and 62 Avenue intersection, will be completed within regular traffic. Motorists can expect rotating lane restrictions as well as: –
- Barricades at 75 Avenue will be systematically pulled down to gradually allow traffic onto the south side of 44 Street.
- The regular traffic signals will be activated between 62 Avenue and 75 Avenue.
- Traffic flow at the Highway 16 and 75 Avenue intersection will be restored to pre-construction sequences.
- The temporary traffic lights at 59 Avenue will remain in effect until the traffic flip is fully complete.
- Barricades and traffic delineators will be systematically pulled down along 44 Street to allow the full use of the east or westbound lanes and cross access at the intersections.
As a coordinated effort is still ongoing, the City is reminding that motorists slow down when driving in construction zones, and obey all traffic signals including flags people, signs, detours and barriers. As well to allow extra time for travel.