Onion Lake and Turtleford RCMP combined efforts leading to the arrest of a suspect allegedly connected to a robbery at a business in Paradise Hill.
On Tuesday February 1st, at about 5:30 p.m., investigators say an armed man entered the business, approached an individual and took their vehicle keys. Then the man took off with the victim’s vehicle. The victim was not physically hurt.
Police caught up with the stolen vehicle on Highway 797. They say the driver failed to stop and continued driving west. Officers then set up a spike belt, which successfully stopped the vehicle. The driver was arrested after a brief foot chase.
Jesse Lewis (DOB:2001-01-31) of Onion Lake is charged with alleged:
- 1 count, robbery with restricted firearm,
- 1 count, assault with weapon,
- 1 count, possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000,
- 1 count, fail to stop for peace officer,
- 1 count, carry a weapon for the purpose of committing an offence,
- 1 count, operate a conveyance in a manner dangerous to the public.
Lewis has appeared in court and has been remanded until his next appearance by video in North Battleford Provincial Court on Friday, February 4th at 11 a.m.