Lloydminster RCMP say a multi-agency investigation led to the arrest of man on February 1st for the alleged unauthorized importation of a prohibited weapon into Canada.
The General Investigation Section (GIS) and the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) collaborated on this investigation.
Police say a search warrant was executed at a home on the Alberta side of the city and a prohibited weapon was seized. The Eastern Alberta District Crime Reduction Unit (EAD CRU), as well as the Alberta RCMP Emergency Response Team (ERT) also assisted in executing the search warrant.
Police have charged 28-year-old Bryce Moore of Lloydminster, AB with:
- Unauthorized Importing / Exporting of weapons
- Two counts possession of a weapon contrary to order
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited weapon
- Two counts failure to comply with release order
- Possession of smuggled goods
- Smuggling goods.
The charges are yet to be proven in court.
Moore was remanded in custody and is scheduled to appear in Lloydminster Alberta provincial court on February 22nd.