On February 26th, Saskatchewan RCMP executed three search warrants, two in Lloydminster and one in Waseca. This arising out of investigations started October last year by the Battleford RCMP Gang Task Force into drugs and weapons trafficking in west-central Saskatchewan.
- nine firearms
- multiple prohibited weapons
- hundreds of rounds of ammunition
- hard body armour
- about four ounces of suspected cocaine
- about 4 ounces of suspected methamphetamine
- about 250 ml of GHB
- two stolen vehicles.
Waseca search warrant update
Police arrested three people in Waseca after executing a search warrant at a commercial property. A fourth person was fatally injured and Saskatchewan RCMP are expressing that their thoughts continue to be with the family of the deceased man.
Saskatoon Police Service are leading an independent inquiry into this Waseca incident.
A police officer with the Saskatchewan RCMP Police Dog Services was injured and was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Officials say the forensic investigation has determined the injured officer was struck in the head by a bullet. The RCMP is supportive of this officer as they recover.
Police are releasing the name of one of the suspects. They say Odell Angus (DOB: 2001-10-23) was arrested on warrants from the Turtleford RCMP. The names of the other suspects will not be released as the Gang Task Force investigation is ongoing.
Lloydminster search warrant update
Two people were arrested and charged as a result of the execution of this search warrant.
Laquita Angus (DOB: 1996-11-13) of Lloydminster is charged with:
- One count, possession for the purpose of trafficking (cocaine)
- Three counts, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Two counts, unlicensed possession of a prohibited weapon
- Three counts, failure to comply with undertaking.
Laquita Angus will appear in court in Lloydminster on March 14th.
Delaney Angus (DOB: 2003-08-20) of Lloydminster is charged with:
- One count, resist arrest
- One count, obstruct peace officer
- One count, failure to comply with release order.
Delaney Angus will appear in court in Lloydminster on March 3rd.
The charges against both individuals have not been proven in court.