Environment Canada has issued a Snowfall warning for Lloydminster, Wainwright, Vermilion, Provost and areas.
A long period of heavy snow is expected with total amounts of 10 to 20 cm by Friday afternoon.
Snow will begin overnight Thursday, intensifying by Thursday afternoon and lasting into Friday morning. Heaviest snowfall amounts could reach 20 to 30 cm locally.
Snow will end on Friday afternoon.
Prepare for quickly changing and deteriorating travel conditions. Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become difficult to navigate due to accumulating snow. If visibility is reduced while driving, slow down, watch for tail lights ahead and be prepared to stop.
The Snowfall warning includes the following areas:
- City of Lloydminster
- Beaver Co. near Viking and Kinsella
- Co. of Minburn near Innisfree Lavoy and Ranfurly
- Co. of Minburn near Minburn and Mannville
- Co. of Two Hills near Myrnam and Derwent
- Co. of Two Hills near Two Hills and Brosseau
- Co. of Vermilion River near Dewberry and Clandonald
- Co. of Vermilion River near Islay and McNabb Sanctuary
- Co. of Vermilion River near Kitscoty and Marwayne
- Co. of Vermilion River near Paradise Valley
- Co. of Vermilion River near Tulliby Lake
- Co. of Vermilion River near Vermilion
- Flagstaff Co. near Alliance and Bellshill Lake
- Flagstaff Co. near Killam and Sedgewick
- Flagstaff Co. near Lougheed and Hardisty
- M.D. of Provost near Czar Metiskow and Cadogan
- M.D. of Provost near Hughenden Amisk and Kessler
- M.D. of Provost near Provost and Hayter
- M.D. of Wainwright near Chauvin Dillberry Lake and Roros
- M.D. of Wainwright near Edgerton and Koroluk Landslide
- M.D. of Wainwright near Irma
- M.D. of Wainwright near Wainwright.