As residents get ready to head out on their May Long adventures officials are reminding of highway construction projects that will be getting underway over the next few months.
The travelling public is also being reminded to slow to 60 km/hr in the work zone being mindful of highway crews and signs.
Projects to begin include the twinning of Highway 3 to nearly eight kilometres west of Prince Albert and completing 14 sets of passing lanes on Highways 5, 7, 12, and 16.
Highways will also undertake several paving projects, including:
- Highway 4, North of North Battleford (12 km)
- Highway 21, South of Kindersley (10 km)
- Highway 1, West of Moose Jaw (13 km)
- Highway 5, West of Humboldt (17 km)
- Highway 6, South of Naicam (8 km)
- Highway 11, North of Kenaston (8 km)
Highway officials add they will also be improving roads that lead to provincial parks, including Highway 26 to Meadow Lake Provincial Park, Highway 204 access to Battlefords Provincial Park and Highway 38 to Greenwater Provincial Park. As well, paving will occur on roadways within Battlefords and Meadow Lake Provincial Parks.