Lakeland College is inviting future students and members of the public to their campus for its open house.
Both the Vermilion and Lloydminster campuses will host Open Houses on October 21st and 22nd from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
During Open House, participants will get the chance to partake in the following:
- Connect with students, instructors, and academic advisors.
- Learn about Lakeland’s 50+ programs, hands-on learning opportunities, and how they deliver real-world results.
- Tour the newly renovated and expanded WHT Mead Building that opened Sept. 28, as well as Lakeland’s spa, salon, Cenovus lab, residences, Academic Link labs, Student-Managed Farm – Powered by New Holland and more.
- Learn about Lakeland’s new programs including community support practitioner and barber, as well as business administration’s new marketing major, the new environmental sciences renewable resource reclamation major and more.
- Participate in hands-on activities.
- Find out how to graduate job ready.
- Learn about Lakeland’s supportive campus community, including student support services, financial aid, and more.
- Discover future career paths and how Lakeland prepares you for them.
Courtney King, recruitment and enrolment supervisor at Lakeland College says there’ll be many chances to win prizes like iPads and Lakeland swag.
“Open House is a chance for prospective students to visit our campuses and see first-hand what Lakeland is all about. In 2022, 91 percent of our graduates were employed. Our experiential approach to education prepares our students for the real world.”
During the open house, the application fee will be waived and participants can apply in person and online for free using the promo code.