The Lloydminster Cultural and Science Centre (LCSC) is calling on young talented artists in the city to submit their creations for the upcoming Youth Art Show.
Held in conjunction with Nation Youth Arts Week, the annual exhibit showcases the hard work, skill, and creativity of Lloydminster’s youth in a non-competitive setting.
“The Youth Art Show is meant to inspire, celebrate and share the creativity of our youth with the entire region,” said Kyra-Marie Stefanuk, Manager, Lloydminster Cultural and Science Centre. “Past events featuring youth art have been tremendously successful. As an advocate for Lloydminster’s growing arts and culture scene, we are enthusiastic about this opportunity to encourage expression and creativity in our local youth.”
Artists must be between the ages of 3 to 18 to submit and can only submit one piece of artwork each. Other criteria include:
- 2D or 3D art works, including but not limited to:
- print making,
- sculpture, comics,
- digital media,
- Maximum size: 3’ X 4’ per art piece
- 2D submissions must be ready to hang on the wall (wire or hooks)
- LCSC will not accept any wet or poorly wired artwork, or any artwork with faulty frames or canvasses
- Submissions must include a contact name and phone number properly labelled on the back of the art piece
- If an artist submits a piece that does not meet these criteria, special accommodations may be made, however, LCSC reserves the right to reject items.
Artwork will be accepted from Friday, April 15th to Wednesday, April 27th at the LCSC and they will run the exhibit from Tuesday, May 3rd through to Saturday, May 28th. Submissions may be picked up Tuesday, May 31st and Saturday, June 4th. Submissions will not be returned after Sunday, June 5th.
In addition, on Thursday, May 26th, The LCSC will host a reception evening for the young artists featured in the Youth Art Show, from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. There will be an art and creation table during the event. Juice, water, coffee and tea will be provided. Regular admission applies, but contributing artists receive free admission for one guest.