The Canadian Professional Chuckwagon Association has released its 2023 schedule with stops including Lloydminster, Frog Lake, and Wainwright.
The circuit is set to go from June 8 until Aug. 20. Canadian Professional Chuckwagon Association director and driver Dallas Dyck says the hope this year is to have a full season.
“We are trying our best to fulfil it. If we don’t we have a few open weekends, but that is our goal every year to have a full season.”
The Dewberry local will be riding with his son this year as an outrider competing. Dyck says the new blood entering the sport is what keeps it alive.
“When you still see people wanting to be in the sport you know the western heritage is still alive and we want to see it succeed for another 20 or 30 years to come.”
The schedule run is:
- North Battleford, June 8-11
- Prince Albert, (tentative) June 16-18
- Wainwright, June 23-25 (possible 4th day on June 22)
- Onion Lake, June 28 – July 2
- North American Chuckwagon Championship – Lloydminster
July 6-16 (July 11-12 non-race days)
- Calgary Stampede July 7-16
- Frog Lake, July 26-30
- Poundmaker, Aug. 2-6
- Little Pine, Aug. 11-13
- Lloydminster Finals, Aug. 16-20
A total of 25 drivers will be competing along with three rookies this season.