UPDATE: The City of Lloydminster has added another date for the open house sessions to discuss the municipal development plan. The additional date is April 11 at 4-6 p.m.
The City of Lloydminster is holding two-come-and-go sessions at council chambers to chat with residents about the draft municipal development plan.
The open house discussions are planned for April 5 noon-3 p.m and again on April 11 from 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
The draft had its first reading at council on March 27 and a public hearing is planned during the council meeting on April 24 at 2 p.m.
At the open house sessions, city administration and council members will be present for the conversations. Planners see the draft MDP as a vision for the next 20-years. It covers issues like:
- Spaces for recreation, artistic activities, and community gatherings
- Residential, commercial and industrial developments
- Future land use and co-ordination of land uses
- Economic development of the municipality
- Provision of transportation systems, municipal services and facilities
- Governance considerations and density.
The draft titled Connection to our Future was presented at the GPC session on March 20 and is available online.
Anyone with comments or concerns about the proposed municipal development plan may email the city’s planning department at [email protected] or call 780-874-3700 before 5 p.m. on Friday, April 15, 2023.