â–º Listen Live

HomeNewsCollege students hosting Farm 4.0

College students hosting Farm 4.0

With the future of Ag in focus, some Lakeland College students are hosting a free event as they sharpen their agriculture and event management skills.

Farm 4.0: The Future of Agriculture is slated for April 13 at the Vermilion Regional Centre. The event features a tradeshow and conference showcasing the latest in ag tech and it’s open to the community.

As the school year is wrapping it marks the first graduating class from the Bachelor of AgTech program which launched in the fall of 2021. The BAgTech students will be presenting their practicum reports at Farm 4.0 as well.

“We are excited to show everything we’ve been learning about,” says Chloe Parrent, Class of 2024 BAgTech student and marketing team lead for Farm 4.0. “There are so many amazing pieces of technology being developed that will change the future of agriculture. We can’t wait to welcome the community to our conference and tradeshow. We will showcase not only what we’ve been studying in class, but also the advancements being made in the field of agricultural technology.”

The event will host technology demonstrations, farm tours, keynote speakers, and practicum presentations. Doors open at 8 a.m. with a welcome speech scheduled for 8:30 a.m. and presentations and tradeshow beginning at 8:45 a.m.

Farm 4.0 wraps up at 4:30 p.m.