Vermilion RCMP along with partner police agencies have recovered stolen property and seized guns and illicit drugs on a property in Vermilion River County.
On March 30, Alberta RCMP Traffic-Vermilion, with the assistance of Vermilion RCMP, Eastern Alberta District-Crime Reduction Unit, and Alberta RCMP Auto Theft-North, executed a search warrant on a rural property in the county. One suspect was found on the property and arrested.
Investigators recovered several vehicles that were reported as stolen:
- 2000 Dodge Dakota
- Chassis of a 2018 Dodge Ram 1500
- 1994 Ford Ranger
- 2004 Honda TRX 450 ATV
- 2006 Honda VT75 Motorcycle
- 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer
Additionally, officers seized:
- .22 calibre rifle
- 12 gauge shotgun
- Over 164 grams of illicit Cannabis.
Greg Michael Wilson, 31-years and Keisha Rai Sharp, 26-years both residents of Vermilion River County, have been jointly charged with:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under or Over $5000.00 x 3
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Possession of Illicit Cannabis
- Possession of greater than 200 but less than 1200 cigarettes
Wilson has also been charged with possession of a firearm contrary to an order.
Sharp also has been charged with:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under or Over $5000.00 x 2
- Transporting Cannabis in an Open Container within Reach of an Occupant of a Motor Vehicle
Wilson was remanded in custody and is due in Alberta provincial court in Vermilion on April 17, 2023.
Sharp was released with conditions and is also to appear in Vermilion on April 17, 2023.