With a focus on civic engagement, the City of Lloydminster is announcing the panel for the virtual half-day Bordering on Disaster conference to be held on April 21.
Event planners say the emergency management speakers will share on effectively engaging with the public, as well as industry, municipal, federal and provincial partners.
Moderated by Benjamin Morgan, Principal and Managing Partner, Centre for Crisis & Risk Communications, the panellists are:
- Ray Unrau, Chief of Emergency Management, Saskatchewan Public Safety Agency
- Melissa Fougere, Director of Disaster Management in Alberta and Northwest Territories, Red Cross
- Bre Hutchinson, Executive Director of Provincial Operations, Alberta Emergency Management Agency
- Dave Brand, Director of Emergency Management, Red Deer County
- Pamela Goulden-McLeod, Director of Emergency Management, City of Saskatoon
The 2023 Bordering on Disaster conference includes the April 20 half-day virtual session and a two-day in-person session on September 13-14.
The two-part conference is made possible by presenting sponsor Cenovus Energy, Pathways Alliance and ATCO.
Registration details are available on the city’s website.