Saskatchewan RCMP are sharing more details as they seek to locate suspects in a grey, 2006 F-350 Super Duty pick-up truck which was reported stolen.
The truck was reported stolen from North Battleford on May 14 and has Saskatchewan license plate 720 KBF. However, investigators say that the suspects could change the plate. The truck is reported to have a burnt-out driver’s side tail-light.
Police say there are limited descriptions of the suspects and if the vehicle is spotted – do not approach it but to call police. Also, they advise securing all freestanding and slip fuel tanks with locks, as fuel thefts have been reported to police as part of this investigation. Ensure your tractors are locked and all keys from vehicles removed.
Police are detailing the following incidents involving the suspects and the vehicle:
- On the evening of May 16 Warman RCMP got a report of a fuel theft in Maymont, SK potentially involving the suspect truck. Soon after, they received a report the suspect truck was seen leaving a gas station on the Yellowhead Highway near Radisson. Officers found the truck on Highway 16 near the Borden Bridge and attempted a traffic stop. The truck fled. Officers conducted extensive patrols but could not find the truck.
- May 16 at about 2:30 p.m., Biggar RCMP received a report of a gun shot at a rural property in the RM of Glenside. Investigators state the suspect truck entered the property and some male occupants tried to steal diesel from a tractor. The suspects fired a weapon when fleeing the property. No injuries were reported. Biggar RCMP immediately began looking for the truck but did not find it.
- May 16 at about 2:30 a.m., Battlefords RCMP located the suspect truck on 110th Street in North Battleford. Officers switched on their emergency lights and attempted a traffic stop. The driver did not stop and then rammed a police vehicle. The officers were not injured, but the vehicle was damaged and could not be driven. Battlefords RCMP immediately began patrolling to find the truck. It was located on Highway 4. Officers once again attempted a traffic stop, however the vehicle fled.
- May 15 at about 10 p.m., Cut Knife RCMP officers were patrolling on Poundmaker Cree Nation when they saw the suspect truck. Officers activated their emergency lights and attempted a traffic stop. The truck did not stop and fled at a high speed. Officers patrolled and extensively searched for the truck. It was not located.
- May 14 just before midnight, Maidstone RCMP responded to the report of an armed robbery at a home. Initial investigation determined two males wearing ski masks and a female were demanding money from an occupant of the residence. When the suspects left the residence, one of them fired a weapon in the air. There were no injuries reported to police. Officers responded immediately and observed the F-350 fleeing the area. The investigation into this incident continues and Maidstone RCMP advised surrounding detachments to be on the lookout for the truck.
Saskatchewan RCMP are continuing their efforts to locate the vehicle and the suspects.
They advise reporting stolen vehicles, suspicious persons or crimes in progress immediately by calling your local police service by dialling 310-RCMP. In an emergency, always dial 911.