A car chase in Cold Lake ended with one man in custody on Wednesday.
Around 3:20 p.m., officers of the Cold Lake RCMP responded to the sighting of a stolen vehicle near the No Frills grocery store in the community, and located the vehicle in an adjacent parking lot to the store. The suspect vehicle fled the area upon arrival of police, ramming two police vehicles in an attempt to escape.
After a low-speed pursuit through the city, the pursuit ended at the intersection of 51 Avenue and 41 Street. The suspect vehicle had been unable to drive quickly, due to a disabled front tire.
27 year old Loewen Henry Wolfe, of Island Lake First Nation, Sask, has been charged with the following;
- Assaulting a Police Officer With a Weapon x 2.
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000.00.
- Flight from Police While Being Pursued.
- Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle.
- Fail to Remain at the Scene of an Accident.
- Obstruction of a Police Officer.
- Fail to Comply with a Recognizance.
- Possession of Methamphetamine.
- Possession of Cocaine.
- Operating a Motor Vehicle Without a Driver’s Licence.
- Operating a Motor Vehicle Without Insurance.
Wolfe also had two outstanding arrest warrants served on him when he was taken into custody. He will be appearing in Cold Lake Provincial Court on Dec. 14, at 10:00 a.m.