Promoters looking to host events in the city’s downtown can now apply for a $1500 grant.
Officials say the fund which is administered by the Lloydminster Economic Development department is open to Lloydminster businesses and non-profit organizations who can apply under recommendations by the Downtown Area Redevelopment Committee.
There are two intake periods of June to October and November through May 2023. The deadline to apply is April 22nd, and September 12th, respectively.
Licensed businesses or non-profit organizations must meet following consideration criteria:
- No cost or low cost for individuals to attend
- Accessible to the public and free of discrimination
- Coincide with national or provincial holidays or be seen as a community celebration.
- May support culture, arts or sports
- Events that are intended to be multi-year and self-sustaining after three years
- Secular and non-political in nature
- Event is experiential, meaning sales will not be considered unless the proposal includes five or more licensed businesses or vendors.
- Businesses not located in downtown Lloydminster are eligible for funding; however, the business must partner with a downtown business or other non-profit organization
- All events are to be held in the downtown core.
The City adds, eligible costs include but are not limited to honorariums, supplies, food and marketing and advertising costs.
For more information and to apply see the city’s webpage.