UPDATE: This advisory has now ended. —————————————————————————————————————————————–
As of 11:25 A.M today, a weather advisory has been issued by Environment Canada for communities to the east of Lloydminster.
According to the advisory, funnel clouds are possible today, with an unstable airmass leading to showers and thunderstorm development in the early afternoon. As these conditions develop, they will be favourable for funnel clouds.
The funnel clouds are generated by weak rotation under rapidly growing clouds or weak thunderstorms. According to Environment Canada, the rotation is not a danger near the ground. However, the rotation could intensify and become a weak landspout tornado.
If conditions become more favourable for the development of landspout tornadoes, watches and warnings will be issued by Environment Canada.
The following communities fall under this advisory.
- R.M. of Battle River including Sweet Grass Res. and Delmas
- R.M. of Britannia including Hillmond
- R.M. of Buffalo including Wilkie and Phippen
- R.M. of Cut Knife including Cut Knife
- R.M. of Douglas including Speers Richard and Alticane
- R.M. of Eldon including Maidstone and Waseca
- R.M. of Frenchman Butte including St. Walburg
- R.M. of Glenside north of Biggar
- R.M. of Hillsdale including Neilburg and Baldwinton
- R.M. of Manitou Lake including Marsden
- R.M. of Mayfield including Maymont Denholm and Fielding
- R.M. of Medstead including Medstead Belbutte and Birch Lake
- R.M. of Meota including Meota and The Battlefords Prov. Park
- R.M. of Mervin including Turtleford Mervin and Spruce Lake
- R.M. of North Battleford northwest of The Battlefords
- R.M. of Parkdale including Glaslyn and Fairholme
- R.M. of Paynton including Paynton
- R.M. of Round Hill including Rabbit Lake and Whitkow
- R.M. of Round Valley including Unity
- R.M. of Senlac including Senlac
- R.M. of Turtle River including Edam and Vawn
- R.M. of Wilton including Lashburn Marshall and Lone Rock
- The Battlefords