HomeNewsLakeland College invites prospective students to explore their options

Lakeland College invites prospective students to explore their options

Prospective post-secondary students will now be able to learn about Lakeland College’s programs in one day. Lakeland College’s program information sessions will be held on March 8 and bring together almost all of the college’s programs.

The sessions are an opportunity for prospective students to speak directly with current students, instructors and faculty about the college’s various programs. Those attending may also learn about the day in the life of a Lakeland student and about accessing financial aid. The exceptions to this event are sign language, which will be held on March 14 at the Alberta School for the Deaf in Edmonton, and street rod technologies, which will be held on March 15 at the Energy Park Site west of Lloydminster. An administrative professional session will be on March 6 in Wainwright.

Vermilion’s campus will have sessions on agricultural sciences, environmental sciences, human services, interior design technology and trades. Lloydminster’s campus will include program areas like energy, business, health and wellness, and university transfers. Courtney King, recruitment and enrolment supervisor at Lakeland College, says the move to one day was brought to help reduce strain on the college’s resources while creating a better atmosphere on campus.

“The reasoning behind it was mostly to create more of an atmosphere and compile our resources a little more efficiently to have everything on one day. It also creates a lot more excitement on campus which is really nice, as that time of year students are usually head-down, working hard on their studies. It’s nice to have a few more people on campus creating a bit more of a buzz,” says King.

King says it’s an opportunity for prospective students to learn if Lakeland College is right for them. On top of these benefits, the information sessions help bring some fresh air for students and staff and remind them of fresh faces coming in. It also helps break up some of the routine current staff and students are in.

“It’s kind of nice to see some of those new faces that could be coming in, and reminding us of a new crop of students coming in the fall. It’s also nice to see those excited, eager faces coming in the spring to break up that monotony as our students get prepared for final exams or big projects that come up at the end of the semester.”

For more information about the sessions, or to RSVP, you can visit lakelandcollege.ca/infosessions.